Welcome to The Silver Hanger, a Consignment store in Arlington built around the principle of ‘keeping it going to a good place.' Clothes brought in by our consignors end up with someone who will continue to benefit from the giving forward of the consignors. The money stays in our local economy and supports the women who bring in the clothes.
Unfortunately, The Silver Hanger will be closing our doors as of November 30, 2015!
The store enjoyed 6 years of being a viable business in old downtown Arlington, however, this past year has not been an easy one. The decision was not easy to make. There are many factors which have made this decision necessary; internet purchasing, discount store offering merchandise with incentives have brought prices lower than we can sell. Our consignors have been loyal in their support of the store. We have enjoyed working with all of you.
The buying public has dwindled significantly and our store only operates if we have both the influx of inventory and the outflow of goods purchased.
To many of you this is no surprise as you have seen the For Lease sign in the windows. Hopefully you have felt we have been up front and honest about our decision.
Following is the timeline of events leading up to November 30, 2015:
- Last intake of clothing, purses and other items will be August 26th
- The store will be closed for business from August 29th @ Noon through September 7th due to personal commitments
- The Store will operate normally from September 8th through October 10th
- The Store will be closed for business from October 13th through October 16th; reopening on Saturday October 17th.
- October 19th through October 31st, the store will be open for business, however, we will be locating all items specific consignors want to have returned to them. As this is a very tedious job, please have patience. Once the items are located and removed from our inventory, the consignor will be called to come pick up their belongings.
- NOVEMBER 2nd through NOVEMBER 14th, remaining merchandise will be marked down for sale. Remember, this is a consignment store and we must remember to make certain our consignors get a percentage of the sale price.
POINTS TO REMEMBER:
- There are no "drop offs" from this point forward. If you do not have an appointment, we can not take your goods.
- This has been a difficult decision to make but one that could not be delayed.
- Management of Silver Hanger has enjoyed working with all of you during her short time @ The Silver Hanger.
- Please have patience and do not panic.
Thank you for your business and support
Naomi Lieurance, Owner
How do you get paid?
- Please call and request a check. If no answer, leave a message. Your call will be returned within 24 hours. Should you want a check mailed, please leave your mailing address complete with zip code. Your account will be charged $.50 for the stamp. Do not call more than once per month, PLEASE.
Tuesday - Saturday: 10:30 AM - 5:30PM
Sunday & Monday: Closed